Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Final Decision... and CHOCOLATE COVERED HONEYCOMB:)

I quit my job yesterday. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. The decision was a tough one, that's for sure. But in the end, I made the right choice. Sometimes you have to do what feels right even if that means going against all logic. I think part of growing up is learning how to trust your feelings and know when it's appropriate to go with what your mind is telling you. It's like this quote from the movie Prince of Persia "A true king listens to the advice of council but always follows his heart." I followed my heart and I feel so much better. It's as though a weight was lifted off my shoulders. One lesson down, fifty trillion to go ...(well... maybe not QUITE that many)

My parents bought a new boat. It's a pretty cool boat I must say. We ended up picking it up in Hurricane and then taking it to Quail Lake. We had loads of fun... after we all stopped whining and being grouchy HAHA! Man, I loved that heat!! I never thought I would say this, but I miss that ST. George heat. For some reason it's comforting to me. Especially when you are on the lake and the wind is blowing through your hair and the cold water is splashing across your face... pure euphoria. :) Its pretty much legit. I love sitting in the front of the boat and pretending like I can fly. THAT is probably the best part of boating.

After boating we drove back up to Cedar and I decided that I really wanted to hang out with someone... realizing that all of my good friends (namely... Tanner) were out of town, I decided to give another friend of mine a call. I was really nervous for some reason. I tend to get that way sometimes. I can get up on a stage in front of hundreds of people and not feel nervous, but when it comes to calling a boy to hang out... sometimes I freeze. HAHA! That's just me. I am pretty much a walking contradiction in that sense... in fact... in many senses... I'm an introvert yet an extrovert, a person who loves to work yet loves to play... oh well. It's just one of those things that makes me unique. I guess all of us have aspects about ourselves that make us "walking contradictions" don't we?

Well ANYWAY.... after I invited him to a movie I got ready, filled up my gas tank, and drove over to his house. (I looked pretty much like a babe by the way, and I got ready in fifteen minutes! HA HA! I just LOVE days that work out like that) When I got there (after being lost for a long period of time) he introduced me to one of the most amazing creations.... chocolate covered honeycomb... it was amazing.... AH. I love it. After eating it I sat down on this futon by him and watched as he tried to create some cheats for Runescape and play his music. This is another way I contradict myself, I love to talk to people but I am also just as fascinated (if not more fascinated) just by watching them or listening to them. I love it when people feel so comfortable with me, that they all the sudden just tell me things about their lives. Even just small things like what their favorite food is, why that picture is sitting on their dresser, what their favorite kind of music is I just... love it period. I guess that's just how it goes when you love people like I do.

After driving to the movie theatre and playing rock, paper, sissors, we decided to see Prince of Persia and, of course, it was awesome. The only reason why it even kinda sucked was because there was no leg room and because I got very very very tired. After the movie I dropped him back off at home and headed back to my home where my brother and I sat on the trap looking at the stars and talking.

The stars are always so bright in Cedar....

I guess this means that something amazing is always about to occur in Cedar. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment