Thursday, August 12, 2010

"You're like a hippy!"

The break-up itself was rough. I must admit. I did not like it. And I spent a lot of time yesterday feeling sorry for myself. Not cool. I know. But I decided that I was going to go out and have a good time with friends, so I threw on some decently cute clothes and went over to the Staheli's house. I did talk about him a lot but I was happy. It made me feel better.

I was suprised just how much a positive attitude and deciding to be happy can impact your life. It won't always fix everything but it can sure make a difference. It's like what one of my favorite songs states, "And there are dreams that can not be, and there are storms we can not whither." Things won't ALWAYS go better, but we should at least always try to make them better.

Last night I texted this guy named Paul about fixing my car and he ended up coming over this morning to take a look at the car. There are some people in this world who make you laugh. Paul is one of those people who is just awesome and easy to talk to. It made my day. Although I got some serious road rage because people drive to slow and I couldn't find the freakin' school he works at, him fixing my car and taking the time to do it has pretty much made my day. Thank you people!

Hopefully this weekend I will be partying it up hard core at some institute dances or what not. I need to go out and have some funn!!! :D YAY!

2 comments:

  1. The way you are documenting your new life is a really good idea. =) But then again, you have always been clever like that. Way to be making it on your own, Alexis. I admire that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! :) You're awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete