Wednesday, August 11, 2010

And then there was one

I dated this boy. I know, I know. It's ridiculous. I'm always dating a boy. I always like someone. Why in the world would I start a blog off with that kind of a statement. It's almost like saying "the sun shines in the sky" or "grass is green". But despite the banality in this statement, there is a new twist to it in my life. This new boy brought something new to the statement "I dated a boy". Something I didn't expect to ever feel. Especially with this boy in particular.

I have always found it facinating how life works. I had always found this boy particularly attractive but never really thought more of it. He would text me and invite me to stuff every now and then, but I usually had another boy up my sleeve. One that I liked more at the time. Little did I know that this young man had liked me for a while and just wanted to get to know me better. I often wonder what would have happened if I would have started dating him a little sooner. Would the outcome have been different?

Well, it all started a week or so ago when I went to his house for dinner. He flirted with me and such, we walked, we talked, we ate and I started to like him. All the time though something felt wrong about dating him... but I decided that I needed to get to know him better before I made such a rash decision to cut him off. Despite my feeling, I also felt that this guy was a great guy and that he was ok to date....

In short...

I dated him...

I let him go because it didn't feel right...

I realized that he was great for me...

He came back...

Then before I knew it...

He was gone.

I was mad. I was upset.... and as a matter of fact... I still sorta am... Well not the mad part, now I am just saddened. You know, he was really a great... no an incredible guy who respected and cared about me... as a matter of fact he still does just he also thought that it didn't feel right. Man. It sucks to get a taste of your own medicine. I am not sure exactly what I was suppossed to learn yet... that will come with time... but all I know is that... everything is going to be okay.

Isn't that always a comforting knowledge?

No comments:

Post a Comment