Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"I stop to catch my breath, and I stop to catch your eye. No need to second guess that you've been on my mind" :)

Well! In short, life is fantastically wonderful. It truly is. I have been so lucky. I still consider myself the luckiest girl in the world. I have my down moments, but I am suprised with just how optimistic I have allowed myself to become regarding life. The negatism (notice I didn't say pessimism, I never considered myself to be a pessimist. Just a realist on the more negative side of the scale) in me has started to die. I have began to see Faith become a bigger factor in how I make decisions and react to things. College life has taught me so much. I have learned things that I didn't think I ever needed to learn..... I can honestly say that I am simply content. :) I'm at peace with myself and my savior. I could not ask for anything more.

I got the best calling in church ever! I get to teach Relief Society! How cool is that? I am SO excited for this oppertunity. I get to share my testimony and the various things I have come to learn about the gospel! I was so excited when I got that calling. I really hope I can make a difference. We'll see how this goes! :)

Fall is here in Cedar City! It's beautiful! The cold air, the various colors of leaves... it makes me happy inside. There is so much beauty everywhere here in Cedar City. I love it. There is something about the fall that makes someone feel peaceful... it's as though the old you is getting shed away, preparing you to become something new again. (I know I am a dork with my analogies... but my dorkiness is part of my charm ;) ) I love the smell of the autum air, and the light shade of blue that the sky turns, the way the leaves crunch under your feet. I am starting to think that I like fall more than summer!! I know! It's crazy! Maybe it's just the exciting feeling that something BIG is going to happen soon that makes me like fall... nevertheless, here I am, in Cedar, in LOVE with everything that surrounds me!! :)

I sang a song yesterday at the institute fireside! It was so much fun! I loved being able to do it. I was suprised by the fact that I wasn't that nervous at all. It was fantastic. The only complaint I have is that my hands got really tingly, and my neck got very hot... HAHAHA. SO... I was a little nervous, BUT I think it was the best solo that I have ever had the oppertunity of performing. I got so caught up in the song that I started to choke up at the end.... I love it when music has the ability to make you feel things on a deeper level. "Music has the capacity to touch the innermost reaches of the soul and gives flight to the imagination." As stated so beautifully by Plato, what else in this world can do that?

On another note! I have the BIGGEST crush on this guy. So pretty much he is simply fantastic and talented and wonderful! I have never been so nervous being around a guy! He is so wonderful.... I guess I'll just have to see where things go. In all honesty, it doesn't matter what happens, as long as I learn something then I am good. :) I can sing in front of hundereds of people without screwing up but when it comes to talking to this guy... I kinda freeze up and the real Alexis goes into hibernation while this weird one comes in and takes it's place.... it's lame. HAHAHA! Oh well!! That's whats new!

No comments:

Post a Comment